Friday, October 8, 2010

Caffeinated Randomness: Decaf Peace Offering!

Photo Source
I really enjoy my morning cup of coffee...and the occasional afternoon iced coffee...but I'm not against you poor decaf-ers out there.  *sigh*...even my Dad is going decaf!  Actually, I found his recent post on this topic rather convicting...especially in light of  (1 Corinthians 6:12) ¶ All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 

Some of you have commented regarding joking fears of me "banning you from my blog" for being a decaf-er...and I would NEVER do that!  That's so funny...I LOVE comments...the very though of banning someone is hilarious.  Okay, I take that back...if you're mean to me...you are totally banned!  

Anyhew, I decided to offer a "peace offering" in the form of a DECAF Chai Tea Mix Recipe that my Mom came up with that is D-licious!  Yes, you can change things up and make this caffeinated, or sugar free for that matter.  I tend to keep my recipe free of BOTH sugar and caffeine...because, oddly, I crave this in the chilly Fall evenings, and I enjoy SLEEP too!  

Enjoy, enjoy...this is better than Starbucks version..really!!  Oh, and much CHEAPER!!
Instant Chai Tea Latte Mix (DECAF)
1 c. dry milk
1 c. dry creamer
1 c. dry French vanilla creamer (sugar free)
2.5 c. sugar (or Splenda)
1.5 c. PLAIN instant tea (DECAF)
2 t. ginger
2 t. cinnamon
.5 t. cloves
1 t. cardamom
1 t. nutmeg
1 t. allspice

Blend in food processor into fine powder. (Do not skip this step...it makes a BIG difference) 
Use 3 heaping spoons per mug of boiling water.


I'll warn you that cardamom is pricey...but will make a HUGE difference in taste!  You only use a teeny bit at a time too!  Being the bookworm that I am, I've loved any drink cardamom since I read Laurie King's Mary Russell series.  She drinks something with cardamom in it while in Egypt.  I relate with certain characters...sigh. Yeah, yeah...I'm not in Egypt but...

Can you tell that it is chilly and Fall like around here?  I get into the warm drinks and book reading mode!  Smiles and love to all this weekend!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the banning threat. :) I don't have a problem with people who drink decaf or tea. My problem is people who don't drink either or pop. WHAT! What do they drink? How do they make it through the day?

I'm going to try to make your chai drink the next time my Babes are over for study.

Annika said...

funny, love the threat. And you have yet another beautiful coffee picture. wouldn't it be great if we could all have drinks like that to start our day :)thanks for the recipe!

Unknown said...

You are too funny! Love the recipe -- we'll see if I get brave enough to try a non-caffeinated drink in the morning!