Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday Tute: Mini Diaper Cake

Well, I'm getting old...or lazy...or both. Gone are the days where I made three tiered diaper cakes.  You can still find my recipe HERE.  They are easy but difficult to transport and the baby shower I'm attending this weekend is "into the unknown." The only person I know is the mother-to-be and she is a colleague of my husband's and I don't know her very well. But, that's no reason not to be crafty and totally cop out. So, behold...the mini diaper cake.

You will need:
1 mini pack of diapers.
1 pack wipes
1 set baby washclothes
1 pair baby shoes
1 set baby socks oops...scratch that and add wide ribbon.  My plan for sock rosettes was too large for a mini cake.
masking tape and scotch tape
scissors
Now, you'll be covering these two cakes...so, think "fondant"...use masking tape. It holds...'nuf said.
Again, thinking "fondant"...cover your "cakes"...and secure underneath with masking or scotch tape.
Stack cakes...adding several bubbles of masking tape as "frosting glue"...Use baby shoes as cake topper. "Ice" with wide ribbon and bows.
VOILA!

No comments: