Saturday, May 29, 2021

Before and After: Master Bedroom

I finally decided to makeover the master bedroom.  I don't know if makeover is exactly the right word.  The past few months has included the consideration of possibly moving to a place where we could better accommodate caregiving for family.  With that being on the table I was very slow to do any upgrades that weren't necessary and resale became the word of the day.  It turned out not to be the best way to care for our family so we won't be moving for the foreseeable future, which allowed me to open some paint and go for it.  My Loverbrains thought this was a bit silly, cuz no one sees this room but us, but he loves the finish.  So, that makes it worth it. 

Before:  I made the gray, roman blinds and they were beginning to droop.  Very tricky to make, just saying.  I apologize for my photography skills but the room is quite large and has a vaulted white ceiling.  It felt very builder beige blah.  Also, the art had worked with our previous wooden bed but was too small now somehow.

Before
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
SO, I selected a beautiful shade of blue...Refuge by Sherwin Williams.  I painted just the one wall and  created a collage out of mirrors I'd been collecting over the years.  We added cordless, bamboo roman shades and hung heavy black out linen/brocade drapes.  I added a plant too.  I may still add a dust ruffle to the bed.  I haven't decided.  I love it.  It's very much a room to exhale in...a refuge.  

After

1 comment:

Barbara Harper said...

Very nice! I love the idea of an accent wall. Our youngest just moved out a couple of months ago, so we moved my sewing/craft room into his old room and we're making the smaller bedroom an official guest room. Our whole house is that builder-beige blah, and we've painted the two bedrooms a light grey. Hopefully we'll get the whole house painted at some point.