Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Memorial Day Hodgepodge

 1. We're approaching Memorial Day Weekend in the US of A...will you mark this in some way? If so tell us how. According to a list found here some things you might do in honor of Memorial Day would be-shop in a Veteran owned business, learn to play a patriotic song, watch the Memorial Day concert, take a virtual tour of the White House, write a letter to a soldier or a soldier's family, fly a flag, attend a Memorial Day parade, donate flowers for a soldier's grave, put together a care package for a soldier, and take a moment of silence at 3 PM (the National Moment of Remembrance)....of the ideas mentioned are there any you will try?

We will fly a flag and talk about why the day is important.  Sometimes we watch a parade in town.  

2. What's something recently that made you 'come to attention'? 

We've been going through a season of discipline and trials and waiting...As we've started to come out the other side, many things have caused me to "come to attention" regarding my priorities at home, in marriage, in parenting, in ministry, etc.  Hard is not bad, it's just hard and sometimes it gives you better perspective.

3. In what area of your life do you need to 'soldier on'? 

I think whenever you're in a time of waiting...just plugging along and being faithful...'soldier on.'  Makes me think of a song "The Warrior is a Child"...

4. As a long weekend approaches and summer draws near, what's a favorite food from your childhood you think about adding to the menu? 

This time of year I always think of my Mom's potato salad.  It's the best.  I generally make firecrackers...mini saltines soaked in oil, ranch powder and red pepper flakes...yum.

5. Your favorite patriotic movie? 

I love the movie Iron Eagle...Iron Eagle - Wikipedia

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

It was fun to join in today. I am always inspired by the Hodgepodge...and had time today.  I want to make commitments and plans to be more consistent in blogging but maybe I'll be more likely to write if I don't put those pressures on it.  I miss you lovelies.  

6 comments:

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I have not watched Iron Eagle.

Oh, you made me think of my mom's potato salad too. :-) YUM!

Jennifer Dungey said...

So true- "hard is not bad, just hard." I definitely have been learning that perspective and not getting as bent out of shape by things going wrong or by the discipline and trials. It is all about perspective!
I haven't seen Iron Eagle. Will have to check it out!

Allstarme79 said...

Pretty sure I have seen Iron Eagle but I may need a refresher.

Kirstin said...

I loved your answers, but oh my goodness...I loved Twila Paris and a friend and I sang that song at church when we were in high school. Loved it.

Willow said...

I've never seen Iron Eagle. I should check it out.
Hang in there with all the things happening in your life. Just do the next thing. Keep on.

Joyce said...

It's nice to see you back here : )