Wednesday, June 10, 2020

No dice, No regrets Hodgepodge

1. Last thing you said yes to? Did you regret it?
I agreed to host a shower that I probably should have thrown myself.  Now I'm essentially a venue for an inexperienced hostess.  I'm trying hard to be mature and flexible and not lose my mind.  I regret not offering to take it over...or throw a separate party but regrets don't mean much...time to paste on my smile and fix my heart and go love my people.
2. No big deal, no contest, no dice, no hard feelings, no ifs ands or buts, no kidding, no offense, no pain no gain, no way...choose one and tell us how it applies to your life currently.
No dice...I not that this is used to mean 'no deal'...but, I'm thinking about how happy I am that the sweet friend that we've been having over for Taco Tuesday since her hubby's passing is able to come over again in person since virtual Taco Tuesday is tricky and we were all tired of dice games.  We discovered that if we all had the same amount of dice we could play almost any dice game via Zoom...Yahtzee being the favorite.  So glad!  So there, NO DICE, Covid!
3. Thursday June 11th is National Making Life Beautiful Day...in this strange season how are you adding beauty to your days/life?
The garden is looking beautiful...and I'm managing to keep a hanging plant alive for the first time in a long time.  I think working on our attitudes and loving each other well is the best way to make days more beautiful though.
4. According to an article found here, these six foods taste better in June than at any other time of the year-strawberries, asparagus, peas, peaches, beets, and garlic. How many of these have you tasted so far this month? Anything on the list you'd say 'no thank you' to trying? Rearrange the list starting with your favorite (1) to your least favorite (6).
Peaches-I have made two peach pies so far this month!
Strawberries-I can't seem to get into a field to pick because the demand is crazy and they are letting high risk into fields first and then getting stripped clean by noon.  It's a bummer.  Maybe I'll have luck at the farmers market.  Probably won't get enough to make freezer jam this year.
Peas-I love fresh peas but I rarely buy them.  As a little girl I grew them with my grandma in the summertimes I spent with her.
Asparagus- I love them grilled but haven't seen any good bunches yet.  It's a bit early yet.
Garlic- I use garlic in almost everything I can! (I tried to rate these from 1-6 but I really love them all).  I am thinking of buying some tails from a friend for a stir-fry.
Beets- pickled beets!  Yum!  This year I haven't had any yet...still too early but I did have kombucha with beet and cayenne from a friend.  It was amazing!
5. Describe your current mood in three words.
Tired. Busy. Introspective.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I finally started the final phase of counseling certification two weeks ago.  It has been as hard as I thought in most ways and I'm glad I stepped out of many things to make space.  In some ways it's been more encouraging and exciting than I thought though.  I wish I could turn off my brain at night though...it just keeps going and going.  It's going to be a long haul.  I'm at the bottom of a mountain looking up...wondering if I have what it takes.

No comments: