Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Farkle Hodgepodge

1. Ever played the game Farkle? Are you a risk taker? In games only or also in life?
Yes, we have played the game Farkle.  I think there's a few versions of it too...one called Spicy Farkle.  Our family is very into board games.  I am not a gaming risk taker, per se.  If I get to the point where I recognize I can't win I will work to make it more difficult for the leading player though.  I'm not a risk taker in life, either.  I like the saying "I love spontaneous activities, provided they are carefully planned."  
2. What's your favorite thing about your yard or whatever outdoor space you may have?
I miss the screened porch we had at our old house.  I enjoy the little porch seating area on our front porch here...especially when we have the flag hung because it makes a shaded, secret place to read.  
3. Tell us about the most interesting building you've seen or been in.
When I travelled to Scotland with my grandparents I saw some old castles that were very interesting.  My cousin and I were especially intrigued with the "bathrooms"....holes in the walls that went straight down to the moat.  Never really had the same images of castles in my mind after that...hahaha.
4. In this current season of social distancing, what's something you've come to realize you take for granted in more ordinary times? Do you think you'll make a conscious effort to appreciate whatever that 'it' is once normal life resumes?
I took for granted hugging people.  In fact, I had to work at remembering who wasn't "a hugger" in my social circle.  I feel sad to think I may not be able to just grab and hug those I love again as I greet them and bring them into my home.  "New Normal" is a term I'm not enjoying.
5. Share a favorite song with a springtime flower in the lyrics somewhere.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
One of my dear friends met her Savior yesterday, face to face.  She was a MAF pilot in Papua.  She was a bright light for Jesus and our family will be missing her very much.  This is one of the last pictures she sent to us.  She was so full of joy to be there after years of training and language school.  

2 comments:

Mrs.T said...

My answer to the "take for granted" question had to do with hugging also.

We have a screened porch that isn't as conducive to sitting as I'd like, but maybe this year we'll get it spruced up.

So sorry for the loss of your friend -- but we can only rejoice that she is with her Savior. It sounds as if she might have been quite young?

I enjoyed visiting your blog today!

ellen b. said...

The link you left for today's hodgepodge takes us to last weeks hodgepodge FYI. May God comfort you on the earthly loss of this dear friend. How sweet to know she is with our Savior. Castles are very cool to visit. Hope the rest of the week is a good one for you.