Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Super Hodgepodge!

1. Expect the unexpected on From This Side of the Pond. Here's my x-ray question...when was the last time you felt like Superman? What's your superpower? Explain.  
Sometimes after I exercise I feel very strong and super.  Sometimes after I bake bread or make laundry detergent I feel very industrious and that's as close to super as I get, I think.
2. Are you a fan of the 'superhero' type movies? If so what's your favorite? 
I am not a fan.  I do watch them with my husband sometimes.  I find them very intense/stressful and have to watch something happy afterwards or I can't rest.  I like The Incredibles.  I know that's animated but it should count. 
3. Have you postponed or cancelled a trip to the dentist in recent weeks, and if so when do you think you'll feel comfortable going back? How about other routine medical procedures? 
I had just seen the dentist before all of this so I'm good for a while.  I'll try to not eat sugary things or open things with my teeth.  I am having an allergic reaction and am attempting another virtual meeting next week with an allergist.  I am hoping for a blood draw order since they can't do the scratch test.  
4. What's something that makes you feel youthful? Something that makes you feel 'not so youthful'? Tell us why. 
When I exercise I feel healthy and youthful.  When I learn new technology or use it like a pro I feel youthful.  I spend a lot of time mentoring college students...when I realized that many of this years seniors were born the year I graduated from high school I did not feel so youthful.  When I need help/instruction with technology I feel not so youthful.  My face, currently in a state of allergic reaction rash, is not making me feel so youthful either.
5. I feel compelled to include some sort of corona related question in the HP these days. What's the strangest thing you've seen in relation to the virus? Something that really struck you as odd, made you stop and think, 'Dorothy we're not in Kansas anymore?'
I dread the grocery store.  How people, even with masks and socially distanced, won't make friendly eye contact or greet one another.  You can feel the fear.  The X marks the spot all over the floors.  All the masked faces.  
6. Insert your own random thought here. 
I am finishing up a baby quilt binding this week.  I am also finishing up rewrites for my counseling exams.  I also finished a book for one of the groups I'm leading...and I think I started 3 to take it's place.  I am on a bland diet in an effort to calm this allergy. I went from prednisone last week (zipping around like an espresso fiend) to benedryl this week (sloth like efficiency).  

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I do hope you get your allergy solved as that sounds miserable. The grocery store is definitely odd these days. No helping anyone reach for something either. Everyone keep your hands to yourself is where we live now. Take care and stay well!

Debi said...

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with allergies. I hope that your virtual doctor's appointment is fruitful and you will get some relief. The grocery store does have a feeling of fear. I had groceries delivered last week and that was much less stressful. Stay safe and well!

Stacy said...

Trying not to open things with your teeth is one way to avoid the dentist, one I'm not always successful at, but it's my Diet Coke habit that really is hard on them. *sigh*

Have a great rest of the week!