Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Spring has Sprung!

1. Has spring sprung in your part of the world? How can you tell? Did March come in like a lion where you live? Going out like a lamb or something more ferocious?
Spring has sprung here in Indiana...but it's been super cold, windy and gray.  That might just be my mood though.  The forsythia are blooming, the grass is greening up, and the birds are singing cheerfully.  Hoping it goes out like a lamb.  If I can't really go anywhere it'd be nice if I could at least go outside on the porch without freezing to death or getting wet or electrocuted.
2. The last thing that caused you to spring to your feet?
The Doorbell...Someone dropped off this candle.

3. Do you have a spring clean to-do list? What's one chore on the list you've already managed to accomplish? What spring clean chore do you most dread?
I used to have a spring clean to-do list but then I decided it was bondage.  I had the kids help me do a pretty thorough house cleaning this past weekend.  I dread dusting...therefore, I often don't.  Hospitality keeps my house clean...so you can imagine the current temptation.
4. Tell us something you've learned about yourself or the wider world as a result of social distancing/the virus crisis.
I'm thankful for all the skills my Mama taught me.  I can cook from scratch and with limited supplies.  I can sew and my fabric stash went from 'hoarding' to 'being prepared.'  I'm making masks for friends who are pharmacists.  At least here in IN no in-store pharmacists are being given masks, even though they are being asked to test for the virus.  A homemade fabric mask is certainly better than nothing.  I like my family but don't like playing most games with just the four of us because my husband wins them all.  Homeschooling would never be my choice but turns out I'm pretty good at it.  Not a surprise...I do have an education degree after all.  
5. Something you love that's the color pink?
The only thing that comes to mind are my pink pajama bottoms.  Pink's not a favorite color of mine.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm determined to not gain the quarantine 15.  Started tracking exercise and calories with my fitbit again and I'm coming up with creative ways to exercise with my kids.  Hoping to escape to a national park close by...since they're still open.  

6 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

How sweet of someone to drop a candle off for you!

National, State, and local parks have been closed here. At least living where we do we can still walk through the cow pastures on the farm. :)

Blessings, and stay well!

songbird's crazy world said...

That candle is great

ellen b. said...

I enjoyed reading your answers! The Quarantine 15! Reminds me of my freshman 10! Yikes. It is tempting to eat your way through the day. Kudos to you for brushing off your teaching skills!

Barbara said...

Amen and Amen -- a homemade mask is better than nothing!!!! I am soooo in agreement with you on that one!

And fabric hoarding now called "being prepared". Thank you for that! I'm with you, girl!

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I hope you get out to that National Park, that sounds like fun. We are going to visit some of our State Parks. The waterfalls should be fantastic.
Take Care,
Carla

Sally said...

What a lovely surprise on your doorstep and such a kind gesture.