Saturday, April 11, 2020

#AtoZ Challenge: H- Happy

#AtoZChallenge 2020 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter H

Things that make me happy:

...praying with my Loverbrains, while standing on the stairs so my head fits perfectly on his shoulder...

...hugs from my boy, who is almost a teenager but still hugs me tightly each morning when he comes downstairs...

...drawing with my girl, who finds her words when she is drawing, and shows her soul when she is playing her horn...

...snuggles with our old dog, whose snores and grunts make me smile, who seems to know when I am sad and comes to offer me her belly rubs for comfort...

...creativity in technology, that makes seeing some loved ones possible, that makes checking on my peeps a reality, and that gives some community amid isolation...

...correspondence, happy mail from friends, sharing the joy of sending joy with my kiddos, stationary, pens, pencils...

...Springtime, lovely birds chirping with a relentless push for happiness, flowers and green popping out all over, showing that Creator God is in control of my days...

...Sewing, hoarding went to being prepared, 35 masks done, some time for other sewing, and sharing this skill with others...

...Music, playlists of Church Jams that restore my soul with God's Word, soaring melodies, gifted lyrics, so true...

...Reading, that allows me to escape for a while into another world, or teaches me things I need to know to move forward...

...Coffee, the process of French Press, the sound of the grinding beans, the sound of water simmering, the swoosh of the stopper, the smell of heaven...


No comments: