Thursday, April 2, 2020

#AtoZChallenge: A-Absolutely

#AtoZChallenge 2020 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter A

In anticipation for this challenge, and because I also recognized I'd be supplementing my children's remote learning experience (note refusal to call this homeschooling), I utilized my Facebook followers to provide me with a word for each letter of the alphabet.  True to form, they were momentarily distracted from their frenzied virus opinion polling, and provided me with more than 26 letters worth.  And some doozies for words too.  My kids will enjoy using these same words for journal entries on the off days when the schools are not providing instruction and I will use them here for random words.  Pretty sure I did random words last time I attempted this challenge but it seems so long ago that I don't remember.  

Do I wish I had more time to blog?  Absolutely!  
Did it take a pandemic to actually make this come to fruition?  Absolutely!  

I recognized early on that blogging would be more than just a way to share cute pictures of my kids for the grandparents.  Having set aside my career to love and serve my family, it became apparent that I needed an outlet and way to process.  This extrovert, she was absolutely not ok with preschool conversation and menial tasks.  The writing was cathartic and absolutely helped me to process my thoughts and feelings and change my focus upward.  (I am recognizing while I write this that I'm more inclined to use the word 'totally' than 'absolutely.'  Totally, dude!)

And as the years progressed I especially used this to process what I was learning about God.  It was a way to spell out in words what I believed about the Bible.  I was recognizing a deep need among moms and friends for biblical counsel, discipleship and mentoring.  I was also recognizing that there had to be a method for this madness.  I knew I didn't want to be haphazardly slapping Scripture about so I began to pursue counseling certification.  Slowly at first, then we moved and I had to restart, and now finally I am about at the cusp of starting the final phase of my training.  
Am I excited?  Absolutely!  Am I nervous?  Absolutely!  Am I frustrated by this weird virus that has put my process on hold?  Absolutely?  Do I see God's hand of goodness in it all?  Absolutely!

I am absolutely blessed with this time to restart this blog...which went to the back burner while I read and read and read and read and wrote and wrote and wrote elsewhere to help me learn and prepare.  Am I ready to land this plane?  Absolutely!  Does God have things for me to learn in the waiting?  Absolutely!  Do I want to be a grateful, faithful, steward?  Absolutely, totally, all in, 100%!  

I recognize that initially my reaction to being stuck safe at home was to chafe at my lack of control.  Then I decided I'd resign myself to making the best of it.  That absolutely didn't work.  God wasn't going to accept my half way attitude to what He had Sovereignly ordained for me.  So, I decided to be 'all in' with this time...to focus on being the best wife, mom, teacher, friend, daughter, sister I can be...and I absolutely have a long ways to go!  I am absolutely beyond grateful for the gift of technology that makes this much easier than it might have been.  And I absolutely need to give myself and others tons of grace during this time!

Suggestions:  
Absolutely make a list of things you can be grateful for during this time!  It will change your perspective completely.  Absolutely limit your intake of social media and the news.  If you must check it, read it instead of watching it, so you don't get the panic sound can create.  Absolutely take this time to reevaluate your relationship with God.  Do you have one?  What might He be trying to tell you right now?  What could you be learning?  Don't waste any trial.  
Am I here for you, Dear Void...Absolutely!

1 comment:

J Lenni Dorner said...

Great entry! I *absolutely* love what you've done here. I hope you'll keep it up all month.

J Lenni Dorner~ Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge, Debut Author Interviewer, Reference& Speculative Fiction Author