Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Hodgepodge: Easter

1. How will you celebrate Easter this year?
This year we will worship with our church via streaming services.  (I'm going save money on Easter outfits this year.)  We will then gather via zoom and have a prayer meeting with our small group.  We are going to pray for each other, for needs in our church, for our church leadership, for needs in our country, for our country's leadership, for needs in our world (especially those shared by our missionaries), and for our world leaders.  These times of prayer are precious.  Let me know in the comments if we can be praying for you in a specific way.  We may go for a walk as a family if the weather is nice.
2. Is it easier for you to receive grace offered or extend grace to another? Explain. 
It's easier for me to extend grace than to receive it.  I'm usually very hard on myself and I often don't even see the grace that others are offering me.  This is something that I have been working on and it is very humbling.  I used to have a quote on the fridge that said, "I will hold myself to a standard of grace, not perfection."  
3. Do you say grace before meals? If so do you have a standard dinnertime grace or is it more 'off the cuff' ? Do you say grace when dining out? Do you have a favorite grace? Any special memory associated with 'saying grace'?
We do pray before meals...they are as creative as the one praying chooses them to be.  When the kids pray it's especially delightful.  When they were little they used to thank God for what they saw around the room and we'd need to redirect them to thank God for the food and say amen.  We do pray when dining out...nothing long or showy...but we want to thank God for our food, always.  
4. What are some challenges you think the next generation will face? (Generation Alpha-born between 2011 and 2025)
They will probably be the first generation not to know a world without social networking and they will be incredibly tech savvy.  I think this might cause them to face challenges in proper social interactions one on one and in personal relationships.  Overall, I think they will encounter less human contact, because of how they'll need to deal with rampant viruses and because of the rise of online shopping.  I think they may be challenged by the isolation this brings and will need to be diligent to keep their hearts and minds whole and healthy.
5. Share a favorite quote or lyric featuring the word faith.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
I have been trying the A to Z Challenge.  I think I'm probably doing it wrong.  I had my name added before the deadline and I've commented on about 10 blogs a day but have gotten maybe three comments from it.  And I've commented back on those.  Oh well...It's good for me to exercise my brain anyhow.  

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I love that Oswald Chambers' quote. I've never heard that before, but it is so very true. Thank you for sharing it.

ellen b. said...

I'm doing the A to Z challenge, too, but I haven't been visiting many. I find the link list a bit daunting. I'll have to check out your posts. I enjoyed your hodgepodge. Happy Easter to you and yours.

Carla from The River said...

Thank you for sharing the quote, very true.
Happy Easter,
Carla

Joyce said...

I think with the A-Z there are not as many commenters as there used to be. It's not quite as user friendly in terms of commenting, but I understand it had become too large to manage the original way. I do it mostly to exercise my writing muscle.

My women's Bible Study is praying for revival as it feels like the opportunity is so real.

Happy Easter to you and your family!

Stacy said...

Wow. I think you have a very good handle on what the youngest generation will be facing. It will be a difficult road, I think.

I started the A-Z Challenge but quit after 4 days. I had only gotten a couple of visits due to it, but the main thing was adding more time to my online time. It just isn't something I want to do right now. Maybe another time.