Tuesday, April 7, 2020

#AtoZ Challenge: F- Fabulous

#AtoZChallenge 2020 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter F

FABULOUS!  First thing that comes to mind is the Phineas & Ferb episode.  It's one of the few cartoons that we parent's enjoy as much as the kids.  It's the one where they get the band 'Love Handle' back together for their parent's anniversary and the bass player's name is Bobby Fabulous.  There's a whole song...
You're the one, yes, you're the star.

We need you back on bass guitar.
You're fabulous. (I'm fabulous!)
You're fabulous. (I'm fabulous!)
You're the one we all can see.
It's all about you. (It's all about me!)
You're fabulous. (I'm fabulous!)
You're fabulous.  (I'm fabulous!)
I decided to include the lyrics for my fellow fans.  I hate to sing alone.  Now it's stuck in your head too, isn't it...mwahahaha!  FABULOUS!  You're welcome!  

The other idea that comes to mind is a Gif I like to use with friends when I'm being silly and it's a guy in a light blue polyester suit throwing glitter up in the air with a neon sign that says FABULOUS.  It's from a movie but the title escapes my brain at the moment.

I've been making masks, masks, and more masks.  Mostly for close friends and family.  I've decided to be very selective moving forward.  After the President's announcement that no masks would be provided and "ask quilter's you know" I've been getting too many requests to be reasonable.  I don't want to charge, which means I can't recoup costs, and I'm running out of materials.  There are guilds going at this hard...many ladies who are staying safe inside and producing like factories.  I am finding that supervising and facilitating remote school is time consuming and there seems to be more housework with everyone at home too.  I also have groups that didn't end and decided to meet on zoom weekly instead of monthly.  This means more reading and prep for me.  So, the best yes was to my family and friends...which meant saying no to mask mass production.  I make one or two a day, maybe...and I taught a few friends to sew them too.  I made myself one and I looked FABULOUS.  Gag!  I most certainly did not...I think they all look creepy...and it makes me feel hot...but needs must at the grocery store.  

I do think it's FABULOUS... 
...this has caused me to grow in my heart towards prayer.  I recognized that I'm usually such a busy, self-sufficient person that I have not often had to submit to the power of prayer.  Any power to control and 'do' was an illusion anyway...God was always the one working things out for His glory.  Now I pray more boldly...with more faith...for all that I can't control and know He does..."Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!!" Psalm 116:2  

Also, FABULOUS, is how our small group and church have cared for each other.  Ding dong drops of sanitized love.  Grocery trips.  Rent.  and PRAYER...lots of it.  I almost cry when I see their faces on Zoom each week.  Ok, maybe I actually do...

Also, FABULOUS, is how our teachers have pioneered a virtual school system from scratch...working tirelessly to also care for those without internet access and keep feeding meals that schools usually provide.  I'm so proud!!

Also, FABULOUS, is the virtual creativity...zoom youth groups (reverse charades is hilarious).  We've figured out how to keep our game night going even with people in other time zones and countries now...and we've managed to keep Taco Tuesday with a dear friend too.  I'm constantly thinking of ways to change games to fit virtual platform so if you think of any please share them with me in the comments. 

It will be FABULOUS when this is over...and I'm going to hug the stuffing outta a lot of people, you've been warned...but for now...I am going to work to be faithful....not FABULOUS per se...just faithful.

1 comment:

Alexandra Heep said...

Fabulous is a fabulous choice for the F post!