Thursday, April 16, 2020

#AtoZ Challenge: Impossible, Just, Kind, Loneliness & Mighty

Challenge Accepted:  Letters I, J, K, L & M!  

I love this hymn.  It is so encouraging to my soul!


But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

‘Ah, Lord GOD! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you." Jeremiah 32:17

Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why the unease within me? Put your hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42:11

I am so thankful for these Truths.  On days when I feel so overwhelmed with how life has changed and I'm tempted to worry about the future ahead, I'm thankful for a firm foundation for my feet as I continually place my Hope in God.

Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.” Matthew 7:24-27

This year I have been studying God's Attributes with a group of lovely college girls.  It is amazing and encouraging to repeatedly see how He is Perfect in each attribute, how they all go together and don't contradict each other.  It is hard to wrap our finite minds around but He is Infinite, Immutable, Just, Wise, All-Knowing, All-Powerful, Everywhere Present, Love, Good.  Praise Him!

I have been struck especially with God's incredible patience and kindness to me during this time. Oh, what a petulant child I can be...and He is ever the Perfect Parent.  He lovingly deals with my loneliness and confusion.  He reminds me of Himself through His Word.  He has given me a godly, loving husband to lead me and has provided for my every need.  He has surrounded me with Christian friends, the Church, who lift me up in prayer and hold me accountable to live out my faith and walk in the Way.  

Right now I am spending a lot of time in Psalm 34 and Psalm 91...  My God is so big, so strong and so Mighty...there's nothing my God cannot do.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High

will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:1-2


I will bless the LORD at all times;

his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast in the LORD;
let the humble hear and be glad.
Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
and let us exalt his name together!

I sought the LORD, and he answered me
and delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 34:1-4

1 comment:

J Lenni Dorner said...

Nice use of the letters.

I hope you and yours are staying safe and healthy during this difficult time.

J Lenni Dorner~ Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge, Debut Author Interviewer, Reference& Speculative Fiction Author