Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. In Monday’s post I mentioned I would incorporate the word I was given for letter K into this week’s questions. That word was karaoke. On a scale of 1-10 how excited would you be to find out there was karaoke happening at your next gathering/outing with friends? 10=gimme that microphone!, and 1=I suddenly remembered there’s somewhere else I need to be. Have you ever actually done karaoke? If you had to perform karaoke what would be your ‘go-to’song?
I don't know that I'm a fan of karaoke but I've never examined why until now.  I guess, I feel that it's silly and because I actually sing at church, weddings and funerals, the comparison is too hard.  But, I haven't had many opportunities to try it so I don't want to knock it too hard.  I enjoy singing along and harmonizing to my favorite songs at home so I might like it, I suppose...but I think I'd tend toward taking it all too seriously.

2. How do you listen to music these days? Favorite app or do you listen the old fashioned way? Do you have music playing often in your home? Is there still a CD player in your car?
I listen to music primarily through Amazon Music.  I have created some playlists so I just tell Siri or Alexa to play My Exercise Jams and she does.  I have finally learned to take all my many CDs and make them MP3s...but I never seem to have the time to scan more than one or two.  And no, I don't have more time now.  I have a lovely new vehicle but when we got it I almost turned around and took it back because despite it's many bells and whistles it has no CD player.  This is what has pushed me to scan and embrace streaming...because my car can play those with ease.  I have to say when I get it all done it will be easy and fabulous. 


3. The HP lands on US tax day this year. Or what used to be tax day before everything including filing your taxes was cancelled, delayed, postponed or extended. FYI- filing your taxes has not been cancelled, only delayed for a bit.
Besides staying away from anyone and everyone, what have you found taxing lately?
Being close to everyone in my home for a loooonnngg time has been taxing to me.  Please don't give me a lecture on how we're safe at home and there are opportunities for bonding.  I know there are and you're right but some days...'Calgon, take me away.'  I did come up with a way for my Loverbrains to indicate when he was available or not, since his work from home schedule seems so constant.  This little El Ed wifey gave him a red and green post-it to stick on his laptop.  Works wonderfully!  Most days the kids are doing well with the remote learning but occasionally we still have frustration and tears.  I have to say their teachers have been going the extra mile plus 5 to help them succeed. 


4. You’re without power so no oven, and you can’t open your frig or freezer in order to keep what’s in there from spoiling. And you don’t have access to take out. What will you make us for dinner?
PB & J?  Tuna from the can?  Dry cereal??  Boy, that's tough.  I mean, I'd open that freezer (really fast) and yank out the ice cream.  Hahahaha!

5.  I’ve seen this exercise going around Facebook and thought it would be a good one to include in the HP...what are five things everybody seems to love and go crazy for that you personally don’t care for?
*editory note:  I misread this question and had physical exercise in mind.  I'm just going to go with it.

1. I love jumping jacks.  I don't like burpees.  
2. I love Bodypump.  I don't like Barre (makes me feel like a hippo ballerina).
3. I love walking fast.  I don't like running (jogging, maybe...if it's a fast walk).
4. I love PiYo (both Pilates and Yoga).  I don't like Yoga without an instructor.
5. I love working up a sweat housecleaning.  I don't like that my Fitbit won't count that as exercise.


6.  Insert your own random thought here.
Our fridge broke Easter morning.  The whole day wasn't normal at all but it was good.  Our pastor was faithful to preach God's Word to us and it spoke right to everything we were dealing with that day.  The fridge probably won't be fixed until Friday at the earliest.  I am thankful for saved college mini fridges in the basement.  I am thankful for an upright freezer that was empty due to our delayed half cow delivery.  I am thankful for friends who let us drop off our condiments to store in their fridge until further notice.

9 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

I HATE burpees and running too!! Stay healthy!!

Theresa said...

That is a good idea you had about copying CDs. I should do the same, if I can figure it out ;)
Hope you are able to get your fridge fixed quickly.

Barbara said...

Your Easter was certainly memorable with that unexpected refrigerator failure!!! But it appears the Lord is giving you all the grace you need to cope.

Yes, cars and computers without CD players -- what are manufacturer's thinking??????

Blessings on you and yours. Your post today is delightful.

ellen b. said...

Oh man...sorry about your fridge being on the fritz. I can't imagine being stuck at home with a whole family. :) I do understand Calgon take me away from memory raising kids. It's just hubby and me and we were retired already.
Cracking up about you opening the freezer for ice cream...

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

So enjoyed your answers and I bet you would enjoy karaoke. It can be a lot of fun. Goodness, we have enough to deal with without a frid going out. Glad you had places to put things until Friday. Hang in there, surely this will end sooner than later!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

I found that we both like Pilates and fast walking. I don't do Yoga because of a bad back, but I do some of the poses without a long hold. Walking is my favorite exercise these days of being home and have found taking a different path in the neighborhood has helped keep it interesting. I also enjoy listening to podcasts of Bible studies while walking. Thank you for your visit to my little blog today.

Wendy said...

I loved your ice cream comment. Hope you fridge is sorted by now. Hmm we're thinking about changing our car (whenever this lockdown ends and things get back to some sort of normality) sounds like I'll need a crash course in alternatives to CDs - ours has a 6 CD player and I love it.

Debby Ray said...

I enjoyed your answers...and I could certainly relate to the karaoke. I have been singing with a mic at church for so many years (solos and worship team) so it's kinda like that...kinda. I don't ever go seeking it out, that's for sure...LOL! And yep, I'd be sneaking that freezer door open too! Have a great week!

Sachin Kumar said...

Star Maker App a great app for karaoke play.