Monday, January 12, 2009

Memory Monday....James 1:17-20

Every good and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruit of His creatures. So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath. For the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.


Argh, well...that could have been better. I want something new for next week...but I promise to keep working on this one. I totally missed the "word of truth" part! I knew something was missing! Most of my problem is knowing parts of these in various translations. It messes with my head!


Happy Memory Monday!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

WOW...that is a pretty awesome and challenging verse! Probably because it's 3!!!

Blessings Bobbi...So the red is what you did not get?...I'd say that you pretty much have it, except the beginning of the second verse(v.18)(I'm looking at Spanish so I can't actually tell).

I actually believe you grasped it and especially if you have other versions in your head. I'm totally impressed.

I have put 2 together but decided not to go on with the verses that actually give it context! I'm moving on...HOPE! Hugs & Happy Monday as you ring to Memory His Word!

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Hi Bobbi,

Praying your week got better as it went along!

Joanne