Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Scripture Reading Accountability...2009

Just for the fun of it...I thought I'd create a little cute button. Whenever you see it...I'm just Checking In...about my Scripture Reading for the year.

I've decided I DO want to read through the Bible in a year...one of my resolutions...however, I don't do well with the list schedules. I find that on the schedules I end up behind, and eventually, just reading words...and getting little or nothing from what I'm reading. This, of course, leads me to wonder...why am I doing this?... and then before you know it, I've quit!

So, drum roll please....

I created my own...very complicated plan...

There are 66 books in the Bible.... divided by 12 months...er, doesn't come out quite even...so...

I'm alternating months...Jan. I read 5 books....Feb. I read 6 books, etc. until they are done! I can choose any books I desire...although, of course, not more than once!

Anyone still with me? Why...you may be wondering? Well, because I figured I better come up with a plan I liked...cuz it is important to read God's Word...ALL OF IT!

The purpose of Checking In will be to tell you what I'm reading...and hopefully, something that I've gotten out of those particular books! Even if it's something like..."I read the geneologies aloud for fun." Feel free to join me if you wish...or tell me about your schedule. If you don't have one...think about getting one. It's never too late!

No comments: