Wednesday, June 16, 2021

I Won't Last A Day Without You, God!


Sometimes I'm struck by love songs written for mere mortals that could be worship songs to my Savior.  It reminds me how easily I put these expectations on my marriage or friendships.  Always, perfectly be there for me... always, perfectly keep your promises...always, perfectly shower love upon me...It's unfair because they simply can't hope to measure up.  But my God, His love never fails.

This song is a great example...

Day after day I must face a world of strangers (I am a stranger here...this world is not my home)
Where I don't belong, I'm not that strong (O Lord, I need you)
It's nice to know that there's someone I can turn to (He will never leave me or forsake me)
Who will always care, you're always there (I am His, forever)

Touch me and I end up singing (He even sings over me and quiet me with his love)
Troubles seem to up and disappear (He delivers me from all my fears)
You touch me with the love you're bringing (through your precious Son Jesus)
I can't really lose when you're near (We are more than conquerors through Him who loved us)
When you're near, my love (God is close to the brokenhearted)

If all my friends have forgotten half their promises (God always keeps his promises)
They're not unkind, just hard to find 
One look at you and I know that I could learn to live
Without the rest, I've found the best (Indeed, I have)

When there's no getting over that rainbow
When my smallest of dreams won't come true (So many unfulfilled longings)
I can take all the madness the world has to give (I CAN'T take it...I need God's help)
But I won't last a day without you (God)

If you're curious for the full lyrics, without my parenthetical thoughts, you can find them Here.  

Thanks for tagging along for an overly analytical musical adventure.



No comments: