1. What does retirement mean to you? Are you planning for it, not thinking about it, looking forward to it, or dreading it?
My husband and I are a few decades away from it...but we are thinking about it. We don't really believe in "retirement" per se...and since he loves his job and we'd like to travel together we've got a pretty good idea of what he needs to do and where he needs to be by that time. I do know I want to downsize BIG TIME...and live in a place that one level, someone else does the lawn care, and there's room enough for my books and my kids to visit.
2. It's International Guitar Month...do you play? Does anyone in your family play? What's a song you especially like to hear played on the guitar or a favorite song featuring the guitar?
I can play the guitar and trumpet a little bit. I play the piano quite a bit better than those. Last year I got ukelele...and I am LOVING her portability and ease. The Internet is full of great tutorials and music! My favorite guitar memories are tied to my Grandpa Sharp who passed away many years ago. We used to get together with friends and they'd play and we'd sing way into the night. I think fondly of "you are my sunshine."
3. What's your comfort food?
Fall foods...pumpkin desserts, soups...
4. What's one activity or area of your life where you absolutely never procrastinate?
I tick through the morning routines pretty carefully. My little has meds he needs to take and they need specific things ready for school. I know the day changes ALOT if any of those things are forgotten so I don't put them off or try to go out of order. But, seriously, I don't procrastinate about almost anything...I'm highly organized and get a little frazzled when things are "spontaneous"....I work on being more flexible.
5. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? Does your local store bag the groceries for you or is it a do-it-yourself kind of place? Do you like someone packing your groceries?
I do the grocery shopping. I shop at two places to save the most money. I shop first at Aldi...and bag my own groceries and put away my own cart. Then I go to Meijer and they do bag for me but generally not well and in thin flimsy bags. But, I reuse those bags as small trash bags so it's ok. I wish I had someone at home to help me unload...that's my least favorite part. Ugh.
6. What's the coolest thing you've seen in nature?
Gee...I'm kind of stumped on this one. I think all of Creation is pretty stinking amazing. Little things amaze me...looking at butterfly wings or flowers. I LOVE birds and they are all so very intricate and wonderful to study.7. Share a favorite quote about home.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Jumping back into "real life" after a two week Spring Break and my head is a spinnin'. But I didn't want to miss Hodgepodging!!