Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Hodgepodge Feels Like Summer

 1. Hello Summer! In the northern hemisphere anyway. What's something on your summer bucket list? Do you have an actual summer bucket list? If not, use your hypothetical list.

We are actually about to adventure out West.  This has been on our summer Bucket list for a long time...and we'd planned and cancelled it once due to 2020.  We are very excited as none of us have even been.  We will head to Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, and Arkansas in our loopy route through national Parks visiting old friends.  So excited!

2. What for you is the defining scent of summer?



I'm going to go with SUNSCREEN.  I am a pale Woman with a pale nerdy husband and pale children.  Hahaha.

3. What's a (music, food, wine, or flower) festival happening in your part of the country that you would like to attend if tickets/travel/timing was no object? 

I don't live too terribly far from the tulip festival in Holland...Michigan.  LOL!  We have gone there for several summer vacations because my husband worked close to that area on a project when the kids were little but we've never gone to the Tulip Festival.

4. Apparently a military whistle blower claims the US has a UFO retrieval program. What say you? Do you believe aliens are out there? 

Sorry...Aliens, no.  Spies, yes.

5. Besides your wedding day and the birthdays of any children you may have, what are three of your top experiences in life? 

1. When our parents met our babies.

2. Traveling...anywhere and everywhere.

3. Parenting...in many phases it is the tops.  I can think of highlights of every season.  I have really loved being a Mom and Domestic Engineer.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I have really good intentions of visiting ya'lls posts and commenting...especially to you delightful few who comment so sweetly...but somehow between typing on a Tuesday and scheduling posting on a Wednesday (I set an alarm to link it cuz I've forgotten more than once)....  The week takes off on me. 


2 comments:

Kym said...

Your road trip plan sounds awesome! I have loved every western road trip I've ever done and wish it wasn't such a long hike from where we live now. I'd also LOVE to see the Tulip Festival - that's something on MY bucket list. I'm often visiting and commenting a day or two later too - no worries! Hope your summer is off to a great start!

Kirstin said...

That sounds like a great trip. Haha...sometimes it takes me a week to get around to commenting on others posts. But I try...especially the ones that coment on mine, but I do try hard to get around to everyone.