Friday, April 17, 2009

Frugal Friday- Mug Pincushion...


So, I had this mug I loved...but it was HUGE...and then it chipped in two places ....
...I put it aside for crafting possibilities...(yes, I do that with a lot of stuffs otherwise considered trash)...

So, after seeing some pincushions on Etsy in cute bone china, etc. I decided to go practical...
...cut a circle (traced a Folgers lid)...from a fat quarter I already had....and sewed around the circle and stuffed when I created a little pocket....this was trickier then first thought...hahaha...
Here's my favorite part....I needed something to fill the bottom of the mug that was heavy to keep it solid when nabbing pins...I have LoverBrain's old tube socks with holes in the feet (more saved trashy treasure)...So, frugal little me...I duck taped the hole...cuz no one's gonna see it ya'll...filled with beans (cheap cheap)...and knotted the top....
...put the sock in the mug knot down...a little glue...smoosh roundy pillow on top (filled with that pillow fluff stuff), and Viola! I've had that hat pin for a while and wanted to show it off...yeah...now I can!!!

3 comments:

Kayren said...

Super cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute idea that I will have to copy. I have many old hat pins, somewhere... It would look cute in my sewing area.

Bonnie said...

Great idea ! I love it !!