Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fuax Cookie Dough?!

To begin with, I should say that I'm not usually one of those chiccas that eats raw cookie dough. I've been taught that you can get salmonella from the raw eggs and I don't even let my kids lick the beaters.

BUT...this low GI diet and my sweet tooth don't always go together.  So, I was seriously craving something sweet...anything sweet and gooey goodness and then I saw IT while cruising Pinterest...I HAD to try it!  Chocolate-Covered Katie really has something good going!  It's eerie....
Fuax Cookie Dough
1 1/2 c. chickpeas ( 1 can. garbanzo beans)
1/8 + t. salt
1/8 + t. bkg soda
2 t. vanilla
1/4 c. nut butter (I used almond butter)
2/3 c. brown sugar (I used 2/3 c. Splenda and 1 T molasses)
2-3 T. oats
Blend in food processor while slowly adding up to 1/4 c. milk or until dough like consistancy.
Hand mix 1/3 c. chocolate chips

REMEMBER...all things in moderation.  Eating the whole thing of faux cookie dough still wouldn't be good for you. 
BUT...a few spoonfuls when you really need it is pretty awesome!!

1 comment:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Really? I am craving sweets right now. Should I try it?

Fondly,
Glenda