Monday, July 9, 2012

Real Lasting Compassion


I always said that I'd never be one of those women that had seemingly forgotten what it was like to be sleep deprived MomE of young babes.  But, yesterday I was confronted by my own selfishness.  One of my dearests is  currently slogging through the trenches and my initial reaction was to think "seriously, get over it...we've all been there...welcome to motherhood...buck up, girlfriend!"  So glad I didn't say that out loud! 

It really shocked my socks.  I have no doubts that she will weather this hazy valley with flying colors...but right now it wouldn't be helpful or encouraging to point out that she should be enjoying each little moment.  Oui, that has to be one of the MOST annoying things that people say when you are looney tired out of your gourd.  I mean, you know it's true...and it really IS...you miss those soft babies when they grow into crazy little kids, er, I mean Sweet Boobahs...but perhaps it would be most helpful to offer to watch the babe and let the poor mama take a shower ALONE...and nap for a few hours. 

Personally, I can do with some baby holdin' time any old day...especially when I can catergorize it under ministry and encouragement.  Hehehe!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Nothing makes 10 minutes feel like 10 hours quite like a crying baby! We do have short memories but I'm glad we were designed so that the memory of those hard baby days fades and the sweet times become sweeter.