Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Thankfulness...

I am thankful for a FREE Country...gotta start with that today!  Although, I hear many complaining about the state of politics in our country and our freedoms at risk (albeit true)...it's great that we can be displeased without fear of death or imprisonment.  AND...we need to take advantage of the freedoms we currently still have!!  Many Christians would spit nails if they were told they couldn't share tracks or literature (gospel) freely....but many probably couldn't remember the last time they took advantage of their freedom to do this...or have shared ANYTHING at all.  *OK...I'm done for now...getting off the soapbox!*

I am thankful...for dappled shade and BIG, old trees.  On a day that started in the 80s...and quickly rose so that by 10 AM it was 88....

...chalk drawings in the shade was such a blessing.  Cuz, there's only so much you can do inside!
The Sweet Boobah's drawing abilities have really improved lately!  I love my SUN flower!!
This is  ROBOT...VERY very cool...on a hot day!  We're supposed to be back in the 100s today!
This is a fire breathing dragon!!
I am thankful for sweet children...and shade on a hot day...and...
...an Air Conditioned house to go into when I can't take it anymore.  I am PRAYING for those families across our nation without power (and AC) right now....that they will find a cool place to take shelter!

"You [Lord God] have been a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat"  Is. 25:4

1 comment:

heather said...

I just LOVE the sunflower