Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Aqua Coffee with Her Snippyness, me.


I've been snippy lately.  I've been making a lot of uncommon, disorganized mistakes.  I've been late for things, unprepared for things...in short, very unlike my normal self.  

Now, I've had some 'excusable' reasons.  I am sick and tired of being sick.  Enterovirus, followed by upper respiratory infection, followed by stomach flu (kids), followed by cracked ribs.  Ya, get the picture.  I've been dying to take charge of my house again but deterred by sick littles, personal weakness and home repairs (spelled new furnace).  I also have my parents on my mind...a lot.  It is a constant battle to give them to God...and not worry.  To trust in His plan...and believe that He will make a way where it seems there is no way.

Sadly however, most of my snippyness is NOT excusable...

For example, in the style of Laura Numeroff,  If you back into your garage door on Sunday morning, especially after a costly furnace repair...even though it was an accident...your husband will still be (justifiably) upset.  Being snippy does not help the situation...in fact, it is wrong.

Snippy is a sin.  There is no excuse for prideful, lashing out in anger...puffed up, offended defensiveness.  I need to STOP it!  DROP to my knees in repentance and seek God's forgiveness and will...and then ROLL with His plans for me.  I need to reconnect with His Word and His character.

And thankfully, in all this Snippyness God is merciful.  God is not leaving me the same.  He is humbling me.  I make mistakes, not so I can grumble and complain against my husband, er, ultimately God, but so I can learn and  extend grace to others...grow in my knowledge of God's character...and learn to be grateful in hard things and stupid mistakes (like screwing up the time for my kid's first Taekwondo white belt graduation by three hours!).

Oh Lord, Please put a guard on my lips.  Delay my speech so that I don't burst forth with snippyness but speak words that lift others up and glorify You.  Please let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to You.  Please give me a heart of gratitude in all things.  Amen.

No comments: