Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thoughtful Thursday: Weight of the World

I clean when I feel stressed.  I figure it's at least productive.  I'm usually listening to music...which equals one of my favorite games, the dissecting and musing over said music...Keeps me listening and thinking...And an old song by The Hollies came on the radio...

So on we go His welfare is of my concern 
No burden is he to bear We'll get there 
For I know He would not encumber me 
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all
He ain't heavy, he's my brother

I'm feeling this way about people lately...so disappointed.  Laden with sadness because people's hearts aren't filled with gladness and love for one another.  Mine included.  Been struck upside the head with a load of selfishness and pride.  Perhaps it's always more disappointing when we see it among Christians.  We should BEAR WITH ONE ANOTHER because of all that Christ has done for us!!...instead, it seems no one cares...at least not for longer than a few weeks....then they grow weary of it all.  We should be saying, "He's not heavy, he's my brother!  His welfare is of my concern."  I think the reason we stink at this so badly is because of our selfishness.  If we focused our eyes on Christ and saw Him as our source of power and strength...where the ability to bear up and support people comes from...than we would be renewed.  And, we'd do the right thing.

Sorry to be a downer but every post can't be sunshine and rainbows. 

On a happy note...my kitchen is now very clean...cupboards too!

No comments: