1. When is your next big deadline? What's it for?Being a Domestic Engineer, most of my deadlines are self imposed...and I am my own worst boss. I feel a sort of deadline with the school year ending and the summer starting. I have things I'd like to get done without the kids...and prep for things to do with the kids! May always feels crazee to me.
2. May is National Barbecue Month. Do you prefer cooking indoors or out? What's the best thing about a barbecue? What's the last thing you cooked on an outdoor grill?
I love cooking outside...less mess usually. My husband would say that my grilled Salmon recipe is the best but I'm not a big fan of fish...so, I'd say my favorite is a nice, juicy steak with grilled zucchini and a crisp side salad. I feel so much healthier this time of year...need to move somewhere where cooking outside year round is more possible!
3. What is one thing on your "never again" list?
I think that Loverbrains and I have agreed that we are NEVER AGAIN attempting the "get up at midnight and drive into the day" method of travel. It ruins the first few days of vacation and is just downright scary to drive that tired. Call me old or whatever but NEVER AGAIN.
4. What's something that annoys you about people your own age? Something you love about your generation?
This complete idolization and preoccupation with sports annoys the snot out of me. That might be every generation but it seems like we can't have a conversation about anything else in life with people our age...especially the men. Where do they find that kind of time? My husband couldn't if he wanted to...he works long hours and then spends time with his kids before crashing into his pillow. Sorry...will end rant now. Something I love...that they're finally getting old enough to start taking life seriously. Almost everyone has settled down...finally.
5. Lilac, iris, hyacinth, pansy...your favorite purple flower?
Lilacs...it bums me out that you can't cut them and bring them indoors. Trust me...they wilt almost immediately. I love their smell! I have fond memories of playing under huge lilacs growing up in Upstate NY.
6. Whats a song that always calms you down?
Jazz... with no words. My husband teases me...but it really does calm everyone down.
7. What's the last thing you donated?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I split my irises between my neighbors and myself. They do not garden (understatement of the century) and theirs are blooming gloriously. Mine...one little bud. That is all. I hope they are just late. Strange. It figures.