Wednesday, February 7, 2018

February Sunshine Hodgepodge

1. February can be a little bit tricky given the weather and the winter and the whatnot. I read a list (here) of things you can do to make your February brighter which included-start planning your next trip, take more baths, make your own chocolate covered strawberries, and exercise in preparation for swimsuit season. Anything on the list you might try? Which suggestion on the list appeals to you most? Tell us something not on the list that helps make your February brighter. 
Yay!  I can't wait to read all the suggestions for how to make February brighter.  It is a difficult month for me...I'm usually just grateful it's short.  We have already planned our summer family vacation.  We don't usually plan this early...and I have to say it does help!  I am working on exercising but it has nothing to do with swimsuit season...it just helps me fight off the blue days...I feel better...my circulation is better...health seems better, too!  It is difficult for me to drink water during the winter but I find that when I do my thinking is clearer...and I'm less likely to slip into depressive stinkin' thinking'...Can't wait to read ya'lls suggestions!  Oh, wait, I thought of another...tangerine tea...it's like positive sunshine in a cup!
2. Tell us about something you've seen or done recently that you'd say was 'super'?
I went to a 'super' super bowl party.  I've been to many...and my not being a sports fan (at all) always makes this challenging.  This party was hosted beautifully...I felt comfortable knitting and playing Uno with my kids and... eating.  Our discussion and fellowship was really sweet...and I think it helped that everyone was routing for the same team...haha.  
3. Best thing you ate in a 'bowl' last week?
Spicy Beef Udon at the local Japanese restaurant.  I love living in a college town!  Amazing food and great people!  
4. Something you're 'cheering' for right now?
We have finally scheduled to have dear friends over for dinner Friday night.  The timing isn't great...it's right before I get a house full of guests for our church's big conference but they are so dear that I am not worried only delighted that they can come!  My heart is cheering!  Yay yay yay!  It's like the calm before the storm.  (I am also excited about the company...it just involves a weird and insanely busy schedule and a lot of work too).
5. The Winter Olympics begin Friday, February 9th in Pyeong Chang, South Korea. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being all in and 1 being no interest whatsoever) how interested are you in the games? Which event do you most want to see (you'll find a list here).
10!  We purchased Hulu for the occasion.  Usually we only have Netflix.  Soooo excited.  Figure skating will be closely watched by the girls and bobsled/luge by the boys.  And we all like curling...we have no idea what's happening but we love it!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Although driving in this morning's fresh snow was a bit of a scary adventure...it was so beautiful....all the tree branches were coated with sparkle glitter.  

6 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Fresh snow sounds lovely! We woke up this morning to freezing rain. Everything is coated in ice and the wind is picking up. I'm debating on whether or not I should fill some containers with water in case the power goes off.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

I'm perplexed by curling as well! Have a wonderful week!

ellen b said...

That does sound like a nice super bowl party. I was at a low key one myself and it was good. Enjoy your dinner party and I know that hosting that and overnight company is like running a marathon! Spicy Udon sounds delicious. Blessings...

Barbara H. said...

I am so looking forward to the Olympics, too, even though I am not that much into sports normally. Figure skating is a favorite, but I enjoy catching some of the other events as well, like speed skating and snowboarding.

Having some kind of indoor project to work one helps keep my thoughts occupied during winter. Cut flowers help me, too. I am not good with houseplants, but my son and d-i-l bring me cut flowers occasionally. They're always pretty, but they help get me over that time until things start growing again outside.

Capri K said...

We had about 3-4 inches this morning and of course everybody was out driving 😩😩
What brand is tangerine tea? That sounds good!

PJ said...

I love how pretty fresh snow looks, especially on the trees, but I can understand how happy you are to have booked your summer holiday - something to look forward to.
Have a lovely weekend.