Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Recovering Hodgepodge

1. Are you currently operating at 100% capacity? If not, what % are you? What's keeping you there?
I am currently operating at about 60% because somehow I got pneumonia.  I've had it before...but think that I must be getting older because it's taking longer to get better this time.  I think I got it at a point when I was already exhausted and overextended.  Thankfully, my sweet Loverbrains takes good care of me (even when he's traveling) and makes me cancel everything and rest.  I can always tell that I'm getting better when the state of the house begins to bother me.
2.  Have you done your taxes? Planned/booked a summer holiday? Thought about or started your 'spring cleaning'? Besides what's listed here, tell us one task that needs doing before spring rolls around.
As this Spring approaches we are mapping out our landscaping.  When we moved here we realized we have a clean slate in this new neighborhood...and missed our old trees desperately.  However, with Loverbains back injury and surgery we scraped the whole plan and put it off until this year.  In the meantime, my Sweet Girl decided that she loves gardening and wants to try her hand at what we originally called a salsa garden but is already experiencing scope creep...as certain things she wants to grow don't go in salsa.  (I let Loverbrains and Turbo Tax do the taxes...and Spring cleaning always sounds nice in theory...not sure I ever really do it though.)
3. What's a favorite food from your part of the country?
Well, I'm kinda stumped on this one.  I live in a college town so you can get any nationality of food, especially Asian, here.  That's kinda special.  Coolest thing that happened to me this week was a new Chinese friends offering to teach me to make dumplings and spicy tofu!
4. This isn't a leap year, but let's run with it anyway...look before you leap, a leap of faith, grow by leaps and bounds, leap to conclusions, leap at the opportunity...which phrase might best be applied to your life currently (or recently)? Explain.
I'm going to go with "look before you leap"...I repeatedly notice my propensity not to do this...and know I need to consider decisions and how I use my time more carefully...in an effort not to get crazy over extended.  Gotta create that margin!
5. As the month draws to a close list five fun and/or fabulous things (large or small) you noticed or experienced in February.
Ugh...but I don't like February...okay, okay...
1. Amid ice storm weather you can get a sweet little glimpse of 60 degree Springtime weather.
2. Sunshine can change your outlook...even cold sunshine.
3. Having friends visit always warms the heart.
4. Board games rock...especially Dominion...and puzzles.
5. Winter Olympics!
I know they're lame...it's February.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
It's nice to blog today.  Let's me know I'm getting better when my brain can handle this activity.  

4 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

I love Asian food. The tofu dish sounds yummy.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better, Bobbi. Have a wonderful week.

Joyce said...

Take care of yourself. The flu has turned to pneumonia for a lot of people this year. Give yourself plenty of time to recover. I love Aisan food, dumplings especially although I've never made them myself. I'm not a fan of tofu.

Barbara H. said...

I'm sorry you've had pneumonia! Glad you're doing so much better. The sunshine does make a huge difference in my outlook.