Thursday, July 25, 2019

Weary traveler...mundane faithfulness

After a flurry of summertime travels...barely unpacking in time to repack...the actual, looonnnngggg roads of driving...I'm SO tired.  I was more than slightly giddy to discover that the next overnight trip I have to take is at Christmastime.  Hooray!

There's probably something wrong with me.  Don't worry, I'm aware of this.  I need to learn to relax and enjoy the ride more...  Somehow learn to enjoy the disorganization more.  I need to plan relaxing things more.  Too uptight, probably.

Yes, it's good to be home.  The books, cupboards, drawers, clothes...everything is getting hauled out and sorted.  The calendar for the school year is getting filled out and sorted too.  The approaching rhythm of the mundane is marching back into line.

Maybe I just do better with mundane faithfulness.

No comments: