Thursday, January 2, 2020

Pray. Wait. Trust. 2020


Every year I choose a word.  This word is something I study, pray over and use to help me strive to be more like Christ during the New Year.  Last year, my mentor, recommended a trifecta of words that I just loved...Grateful, Faithful, Steward...and they worked individually and together.  Being more Grateful for all I'd been given helped me be more Faithful with my time and talents and that led to me a be a better Steward of my gifts and abilities.  2019 was a good year.  

This year I've chosen Pray. Wait. Trust.  I've hesitated to choose this and thought of finding something else.  Trust makes me think of Patience...ya know, those things that people say, "be careful what you ask for, because the process is hard."  Then I laughed and thought about what a silly ninny I was being...like, "if I don't say it maybe God won't do it."  And if I cover my eyes He can't see me either.  *eye roll*  If I need to work on patience, He will make sure I do whether I ask for it or not.

One of my dearest quilting friends let me know her husband passed away yesterday.  A new year 'surprise' out of the blue.  I'm still stunned and my heart hurts.  Her response makes my heart swell..."Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom."  Ps. 90:12 AND "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." Is. 43:19  I dare say, this new thing God was bringing is stretching her understanding but she is faithfully moving forward.  

Although, I haven't fully put together how I will be studying on Pray. Wait. Trust.  I do know that our small group will be reading Knowing God by J.I. Packer and, Lord willing, I'll submit my counseling exam questions this Spring and pass and move on to supervised counseling (the last phase in getting certified).  I figured focus on prayer, waiting well and trusting God would be helpful.  Over all, I want to be like my friend who is choosing to trust God with everything...and keep her eyes on Him no matter what focus she may have thought she wanted.  God is good all the time.  All the time God is good.

No comments: