Monday, April 14, 2008

Letting me win?

I love my Taste of Home Simple & Delicious magazine. It inspires me! They hide "Sandy's wand" in each issue. If you can find it, you put your name in a drawing for $50 of KitchenAide stuffs. I have never--I repeat never--found it un-aided. The same was true with my Mother's copies of Taste of Home Original with the toothpicks. Well, I was bopping along through the May/June issue that came today and there it was right in the middle of a Brisket 'n Bean Burrito--not even remotely disguised. I was excited (and yes, I've put my name in the drawing) but come on--don't make it that easy! I'm never happy, huh! HA! Anyhew, it reminded me to put in my latest creation...Fiesta Soup. My husband says he likes my regular chili better but oh well!
Fiesta Soup (or clean out the freezer soup)
1 lb. ground chicken/turkey
1 1/2 c. frozen corn
1 c. frozen peas
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 can chili beans
1/2 yellow onion
2 c. salsa (I used medium)
1 can water (I usually fill my bean can)
Cook in slow cooker for 2-3 hours on 250-275.
Pretty and yummy!

No comments: