Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Check out Snopes...and BE NICE!

Really people. Surely, at some point, we've all said or sent something via this "wonderful" Internet that missed the mark. Maybe we hit forward instead of reply or visa versa. Maybe we didn't check our sources before forwarding something enthralling. The bottom line is the responses I've been seeing are, well, OUCH! I do think that there is room for correction but be nice. Letting someone know they sent something incorrect can be done between the two people. I love Snopes.com and other sites like it that allow you to simply connect a link to a nice reply e-mail. It says, " I thought you might find the following article from snopes.com interesting." All done--nice neat, no hurt feelings or nasty reproofs. Anyway, this is just my way of handling something frustrating to me. It is hard to watch people be unkind to each other. It is also hard to be on the receiving end of the correction. Learn lessons and be careful what you do and say but also learn lessons in loving each other.

No comments: