Monday, January 26, 2009

Memory Monday...Phil. 3:7-15...


But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you;

Next week I'm doing something....much, much shorter!

5 comments:

Lora said...

What a beautiful portion of Scripture and sweet encouragement from the Word to press on!

Blessings to you!

Peggy said...

Oh my...Congratulations MomE! I guess...go for shorter. Though this is awesome and the whole context needs to surround this for complete understanding...I only have this much in my brain..."I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." v. 14?
from Philippians 3 NIV...and sometimes I even shorten that to
"I PRESS ON"...To God be the glory for this awesome memorization. I pray someday that I have the mind to do this & commit it unto the Lord...since I have the mind of Christ all things are possible.

Now I see why some of my friends were intimidated in joining Memory Monday because they saw the great quantity & quality of verses. I had problems just committing 1 Cor. 13 to memory with my daughter in a
STAR program at church...years ago.

Praise God for your success & diligence! Amazing & awesome!

Carrie said...

Hey I really don't see all that much red! I think you did an awesome job and hope you feel a little rewarded??

Kayren said...

Good grief, Bobbi! I've obviously not been by for a few weeks and you knocked my socks off. Great job!

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

WOW! Great job!