Friday, May 1, 2009

Foodie Friday...

Taco Burgers ala Bobbi

I had an epiphany the other day. I had tacos on the menu...and was thinking what a mess it would make of my floor...again! Yet, it is one of LoverBrain's favorite meals so it's on the list.

I like to make up all the meat in the package, season it all and save half for making fast chili for Wednesday night (prayer meeting night). It's saves me a lot of time...cuz I simply have to heat it all through and voila it's done!

Anyhew...we love grilling and it keeps the house cooler...so I made Taco Burgers. I seasoned the meat with chili powder, cumin, onion powder and salt...squished it into burgers...and had LoverBrain's grill them up.

Just for added fun I served them with a corn tortilla inside a taco shell (stability), and normal taco toppings. The grill gave it an awesome smokey flavor...the meat didn't fall all over the place...even for my three year old.

Are you impressed? I even remembered to take a picture...

FYI--the chili made from these smokey taco burgers was awesome...smokey and much richer than the normal chili I put out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! Sounds really good. I will have to try that one day! Tonia