Thursday, January 5, 2012

I love my Geek!

Sometimes it is entirely too awesome being married to a math head.  I LOVE that man!  I wanted to make this pillow I'd been ogling on Crazy Mom Quilts.  I knew I needed some 80 paper equilateral triangles to do this project.  I wasn't too keen on her method of cutting them out individually.  SO, I asked my sweet Loverbrains if he could figure a faster method. 
I think he sort of thought it was a fun challenge.  He figured it up so that I can get 10 out of one sheet of printer paper.  Yeah!!!  Much faster!!!  For those interested, you cut the paper down to 10 1/2" by 6 1/16"....then measure 3.5" on the long side and connect the dots/corners diagonally...and then connect the bisecting lines down the center.
Ta-da....I'm a cutting queen!
I have a huge bag of bitty scraps...and love the whole "waste not, want not" concept! 
Here are the first 2...Just 78 more to go.  SEE?  I did MATH too!

5 comments:

Marti said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. I can't throw away my scraps, I have a huge tote full of them.

Barbara H. said...

That kind of computation is beyond me. Looks like a cute idea!

Michelle said...

Love when our hubbies help us with our hobbies.

Ozjane said...

Think you need to keep him.

Marti said...

You've been tagged, visit my blog for details.