Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wisdom Pondered

As I swing in the hammock on a beautiful day...I churn over a recent discussion...and ponder what I learned a few weeks ago. As much as I do strive for Godly wisdom in my life, it seems that situations continue to show my selfish ambition...I am irritated to the core!
And all it produces is disorder, confusion, disunity, quick-sharp-defensive words.  Not what I want for myself...and those I call sisters in Christ. 

 Thankfully, the book of James tells me that,  "if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. "....so, back at square one...I seek it.
James 3 says that wisdom is PURE...untainted by self.  It's PEACEABLE...desires and contributes to peace.   Godly wisdom is GENTLE...not weak...but strength under control.  Not hasty or harsh...but patient with all others.

Wisdom is OPEN TO REASON.  (When I see red...I'm far from logical!)  Wisdom is full of MERCY...ready to forgive....NOT PARTIAL...but treating everyone and every situation the same.  Wisdom is GENUINE and SINCERE.
No more empty talking for me...
"Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips."  Psalm 141:3
Dear Lord, I want to be grounded in Your wisdom.  I want to be known as a girl who opens her mouth with kindness...Please supply wisdom for my mouth and mind...moment by moment.  Help me not to point to self...but only look to You!  ~Amen

2 comments:

Barbara H. said...

It would be so nice if we could make those changes in a once-for-all decision, but it is a continual battle. May we all seek for and grow in godly wisdom.

Anonymous said...

Well said! I need help in this area too...what do you say we hold each other accountable? I give you permission to call me out. Love ya!
Cathy