Wednesday, December 19, 2012

HodgePodge Sleigh Bells Ring!

1. How will you spend 'the night before Christmas'?
I've tried to make it traditional to open one gift...new jammies...so people look cute early the next morning.
2.  What is one thing you are not?
I am not mathematically inclined...so I married Loverbrains...and he totally covers that area for us both!  Phew!

3.  Fudge-are you a fan?  Your favorite flavor?
YES!  Plain ordinary...no frills or added flavors.

4. Did you attend any craft/vendor fairs in the month of December?  Do you prefer homemade goodies or the more professional stalls? Are you giving any homemade gifts this year?
I did get to go to a few craft fairs with a close friend.  It was fun!  I really enjoy the upcycled booths...mostly cuz I like to steal their ideas and try them myself!  HA!

I did make several things this year per usual...and honestly, I've had it.  They take A LOT of time and aren't all that well received for the most part.  People are sort of jaded and would rather have something store bought they can regift I think.

I'm frankly feeling pretty Scroogie at the moment to the extent that I'm ready to quit buying presents for adults who don't need anything.  Not to mention saying it's all about Jesus and His birthday and then everyone else getting presents.  Yeah, I'm gonna give them a card that says I bought a goat for a family in Ethopia or somewhere, in their name.  I'm not kidding.

5. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering?
I love White Elephant parties.  We go to one at our friends' place every year.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  Okay, most of the time you lose.  BUT...You laugh a lot.  This year I got stuck with one that's so horridly awesome that it will be returning to that WE party next year!  We parted with a bright, pink bowling ball and an old, outdated Guinness Book of World Records.

6.  We're approaching a new year...what's going to be different in 2013?
I'm going to read through the Bible again.  I took a break from that this year.  I missed it.  Also...my baby will start Kindergarten.  I will be all alone...WHOOPIE!  I mean, *sniff sniff!  Truly a combination of feelings there!!

7. Share a favorite scripture, quote, saying, or song lyric relating to peace.
John 14:27, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I was doing laundry today...sorting stinky little clothes...counting my blessings.  Thinking...if I lived close to those Mama's with broken hearts in Connecticut, I'd go to their houses and sort all their laundry and wash it...so they wouldn't have to cry over each wee stinky shirt.  Yeah, I had a little weepy prayer pow wow in my laundry room today.  So sad... A different perspective...an eternal perspective to everything!!

4 comments:

Marti said...

Loved your verse and your caring heart.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Those sweet sad momma's are in our thoughts and prayers.

Fondly,
Glenda

Barbara H. said...

I am not mathematically inclined, either -- so glad my husband is.

I don't make much for Christmas, either -- my mom, who loved those things, is gone, we've stopped giving gifts among my siblings, and there hasn't been much I could make the boys as they've gotten older. But there is one thing I can make my step-father that he likes.

I haven't been to a craft show in ages. Around here I haven't found any.

Joyce said...

Thinking about the laundry has done me in a little bit too. So many unexpected hard things still to be faced for these parents.

I'm glad to see you in the HP again! Hope you and your family have a merry blessed Christmas!