Friday, March 15, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Rest


Go.

So, I literally Laughed Out Loud when I read this prompt.  Ha! Okay, it was more of a soft chuckle.

Anyhew, I just took this picture on my phone last night.  I'm experiencing a God mandated rest...ie. I'm sick.  All I could manage from under my quilt was block building direction...and a gratefulness that they (for the most part) play well together. 

Rest should be a good thing...but my personality doesn't do REST well.  Right now I'm happier than I've ever been.  I'm so blessed, involved in ministries I LOVE, kids are at, dare I say, easier phases of life...Our marriage is caring and closer than it has been in forever...well, probably pre-kids.  HA! 

But I stress on things like God's timing...and I push and manipulate and whine and complain...and take on more without consulting THE ONE who knows all my whos, whats, whens, wheres, whys, and hows.  So, sometimes...I hear Him gently say..."Okay, so now you're sick...can you take this from My Hand?  Use this time to build up your reservoirs...get into My Word and fill up with what you need.  I'm in charge.  I'm always in charge!" 

So, I'll pause...and read...and pray...and take time to write...oh, cathartic muse.  *sigh*


STOP.
Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Sometimes we are forced to be at rest when we're sick. It sounds like you're a very energetic person and I'm sure you need to be with children. But enjoy this rest and get better soon. So glad your post was ahead of mine today for Five Minute Friday.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Joyce said...

I'm not good at being still either. I had a horrible respiratory infection that lasted a month. I completely lost my voice for over a week. I truly could do nothing but rest. God knows what we need : )

Enjoy your weekend and feel better soon!