1. What are your plans for Easter? Are you cooking a big lunch or dinner? Dyeing eggs? Attending a sun rise service? Eating too much chocolate?
I'm traveling with my little family to visit my folks...and my Aunt Bev! Bonus!! We'll attend a Good Friday service and special Easter services. I've yet to attend a "sunrise" service that actually IS at sunrise!
2. What is something you feel too young to do?
I'm probably over thinking this...I'm stuck. I spend the majority of my time feeling like I'm considered too young to do anything of depth...but only the things people want done but don't want to do themselves. I spend a lot of time reading...I Timothy 4:12, "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." And doing my best to focus on pleasing God alone!
3. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs..."
Of the characteristics mentioned in the biblical definition of love which do you find most difficult to live out and why?
Love thinks no evil.
4. What's a springtime flower you associate with your childhood?
Lilacs...now that I write that I'm not so sure they're springtime flowers...but they were all over in Upstate NY where I grew up...in all shades...gloriously scented!
5. Ever sung karaoke? If so, what's your go-to song? If not and you're given the opportunity, would you?
I have...it was sort of frustrating. I must have the MUSIC, especially if a song is unfamiliar. I enjoy singing specials at church...choir, duets, solos.
6. What is something you keep in a basket?
Longaberger is a major decorating theme in my home. What DON'T I keep in a basket is a better question...hahaha! In plain sight as I type this...lifesavers on coffee table, tissues, Emma's writing materials in market basket, journals and assorted writing supplies in flower basket, tiny baby baskets on top bookshelf, red riding hood basket with my hand sewing, magazines and kid's bibles, extras (non-longaberger but interesting for display) on top of tv cabinet. That's just this room!!
7. When was the last time you felt foolish?
Uh, fun questions Joyce! Sheesh...uh...well, I'm often embarrassed by my mouth. The older I get the quieter I try to be...especially in larger groups and at church where it's more painful to appear foolish. I'm with Mark Twain on this one, "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. But to answer the question...the last time I felt foolish was at a Christmas party where someone I didn't know thought they'd put me in my place. Although unfair...it sure made me feel foolish and I was quiet the rest of the time.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Sigh...I miss blogging often. I probably have more time now...but I'm just using it for other things. I'm so thankful for threads like this...for Joyce's love and hospitality...and the chance to pop in...or hop in!!