Wednesday, July 17, 2013
I think I sent a few from camp when I was about 9 years old. My kids occasionally get them from one of our extended cousins. They so enjoy getting mail.
2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
Focused Family Time....oh, and ice cream (and oreos for Lubby the non dairy boy)
3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
I wish I could hide them but sadly no matter how hard I try they tend to come seeping out...generally in an embarrassing fashion. If I'm nervous, I chatter...if I'm mad, I cry...you get the idea.
4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?
They do...and generally in my flower beds grrrr...and I promptly throw them out. The Yellow Pages are on the internet...
5. Would you rather be first or last?
Well....I generally push to be first. I really struggle against this prideful part of myself. Face it...most people do and even the disciples did. Jesus was our servant example and said, "the first will be last, and the last will be first." and in Matthew 20 he said Christians are to be different, "But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”Ever notice that great Pastors are Servant Leaders??
6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)...where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
We just went letterboxing in Cooperstown, NY...we found the grave of James Fenimore Cooper and then walked to a park to find our secret box. Very fun!!
7. What was one of your worst ideas?
Well, what comes to mind I don't wish to share in detail. Let's just saying my worst ideas entail attempting to manipulate God's plans for my life. Not only is this ludicrous in it's ridiculous impossibility but it inevitably has bad consequences. God's ways are perfect....'nuf said.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm tired...why do long trips not hit you for a few days? I've always wondered why fatigue is slow to really slam ya. Loverbrains is the same way too. The day after a long flight I expect him to be tired but it's actually about 2 days later that it hits. Ugh...