Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Independence Day Hodgepodge!
Crossword puzzles. I don't make time for them at any other time of the year...but for the week of vacation I buy a Dell crossword book and work on strengthening my brain muscles for fun.
2. Do you have strong feelings or opinions regarding the immigration debate in your home country? Feel free to share your thoughts, but please play nice.
I do have strong feelings about it...but I'm not going to share them here.
3. What's something in your home or wardrobe that could be described as 'star spangled'?
I have a patriotic skirt that I made...Emma had a matching one that she's now outgrown. Since my home's main decor theme is Americana, it's surprising that the skirt is pretty much the only thing in my wardrobe. I always vote in a red gingham shirt and then proudly wear my "I voted" sticker all day long.
4. Is your house set up for a party?
Um, nope. Although...our neighbors invite us down to the end of the cul-de-sac for food, sparklers and fireworks each year.
5. What one never-before-visited city in America, would you most like to see?
I'd like to see the west coast someday...just to see if the oceans look different! HA! No city names jump to my mind. I've heard Washington State is beautiful...
6. Your favorite red food? White food? Blue food?
Red: Steak (?) White: Potato Blue: Blueberries
7. What freedom do you value the most, and why?
Freedom of Religion
"You may allow me to vote, own property, and associate freely in the public square in every other way. But if you do not permit me to speak and to act on those beliefs about ultimate reality that define who I am and why I am on this earth, then the other freedoms mean little. In a very real sense, then, all human freedoms depend on the freedom of religion." ~Thomas Farr
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Preparing for a vacation is exhausting...phew...