Friday, April 21, 2023

Hodgepodge 500

1. Last time you drove/flew 500 miles (ish)? What's a place you'd like to visit that lies approximately 500 miles from your current location? 

For Spring Break we flew to VA to visit family.


I'm very much looking forward to our driving out West this summer.  It will be one of our last big family trips...and much more than 500 miles.  The kids are getting older and wanting to get summer jobs...so I know the time is fleeting.

2. Tell us about a time recently that it felt like you were 'racing against the clock'. 

I find lately that I have days open to my own planning that are busy but relatively slow paced...that are then followed by days where I'm too closely scheduled and I am 'racing against the clock' from one errand and appointment to another.  I really need to find a way to scatter things up but that doesn't seem to be the way of things.

3. Have you ever attended any really large sporting events? What was your impression of the experience?  

The Superbowl, The Kentucky Derby, The World Series, FIFA World Cup, The Indianapolis 500, The Daytona 500, The Olympics, The Masters, Wimbledon, The Boston Marathon, March Madness, Tour de France, Monaco's Grand Prix, The Open (golf), The Ryder Cup, The Stanley Cup Finals..of the events listed which would you most like to attend in person? Or maybe one that's not listed? 

I have not attended any large sporting events.  I don't enjoy large crowds.  I barely make it through high school sporting events and I'm only there for the band (my kids are in marching band/pep band).  We do love watching the World Cup every four years and I would go to that if I got the opportunity.

4. Are you an iced tea drinker? If so, do you drink it year round, or only in the spring and summer months? Do you make your own or buy it bottled? Sweet or unsweet? Flavored? Lemon or no lemon? How about a Long Island Iced Tea? 

My husband is an iced tea drinker...I am a warm tea drinker.  He drinks it all year round.  In an attempt at being more healthy he has gone to unsweet tea with maybe some stevia added.

5. April 20th is Volunteer Recognition Day...do you volunteer in some way? Tell us about it. If not, tell us about a volunteer you appreciate. 

I've spent a large part of my life volunteering.  As a pastor's kid I was 'voluntold' in many ministries.  When the kids were little I volunteered in their schools...pretty much doing para work for free.  I am still very involved and will be Band Booster president this coming year.  I also volunteer heavily in our church and volunteer as a biblical counselor for our community.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 



Spring break brought a lot of illness and our family is just now digging out of weeks of a respiratory/viral awfulness.  I'm thankful for the slow down that illness can bring...and for the beauty of springtime.

No comments: