Friday, April 21, 2023

What are you reading? February/March Check-in


I just realized that the February reading check-in never posted...so I will add on March and post them together.  I have been busily reading.  

I am working to incorporate more audio books into my life.  I have been listening to them as I go for walks...my attempts at exercise.  I find it hard to multitask while listening.  I either stop listening and have to back up the recording, or I mess up what I'm trying to do or cook.  I think if I had a commute or long car ride audio books would work splendidly.  

I have been reading a lot of fiction at bedtime.  I've had some rather heavy counseling cases and fiction helps my brain slow down and focus on something else than the problems at hand.  Sometimes that takes a few hours...and sometimes I read 'just one more chapter' haha.

Read:

Fiction: (On my nightstand because I don't have to pay attention and highlight while I read)

Garment of Shadows by Laurie King

Island of the Mad by Laurie King

Riviera Gold by Laurie King

Castle Shade by Laurie King

Non-Fiction:

Adorned by Nancy Leigh DeMoss (reread for women's ministry)

Untangling Emotions by J. Alasdair Groves & Winston T. Smith (reread with group)

The Fruit of Her Hands by Nancy Wilson (annual reread)

Conflict Resolution by Lou Priolo 


Audio:

Therefore I Have Hope by Camron Cole

How Long, O Lord? by D.A. Carson


In Process:

Crazy Busy by Kevin DeYoung (re-read w group)

Audio: Saints Sufferers and Sinners by Michael R. Emlet

Audio: The Problem of Pain by CS Lewis

Heaven Rules by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth

What are you reading??

No comments: