Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tube Tuesday: Thoughts on Holy Week!


I spent a lot of time looking for a good Easter/Palm Sunday video. Let's just say there's not a lot out there! This one made me cry...and think a lot of things.

I wonder what ever happened with the servant of the high priest? He was miraculously healed by Jesus during his arrest. FYI- Peter didn't mean to cut his ear off, ya know...he meant to split his head in two! Not that it matters...but I wonder if he ever became a follower of Jesus.

Mary pondered things in her heart. I wonder how much she remembered from his birth and childhood that she put together at the end. WOW! Heartbreaking...to this mother's heart!!

Even though it's not really in this video...I want to remind you that the reason Palm Sunday or the Triumphal Entry is soooo important isn't that they hailed him as King and then crucified him later exactly. That day...the day of the Triumphal Entry was right before Passover. The Jews didn't know it but they were choosing their Passover Lamb...Jesus Christ!!! They screamed it over and over...

"Hosanna!" means, "Hooray for salvation! It's coming! It's here! Salvation! Salvation!"

And "Hosanna to the Son of David!" means, "The Son of David is our salvation! Hooray for the king! Salvation belongs to the king!"

And "Hosanna in the highest!" means, "Let all the angels in heaven join the song of praise. Salvation! Salvation! Let the highest heaven sing the song!" ~JP

Just a brief ending note...I liked this video until the very end...where they sign it as "Your bff, Jesus"...Am I the only one who finds that slightly irreverent? I mean, yes...I can see how technically He is your best friend forever...but He's also GOD, folks!! I guess it's the same reason I don't like people calling him the "man upstairs." Anyhew...just my two cents...for what it's worth!

2 comments:

Susannah said...

Wonderful thoughts!!! (Sorry, but I'm not up for for a tear-jerker video today. Later...)

And you make me chuckle: "FYI- Peter didn't mean to cut his ear off, ya know...he meant to split his head in two!" I never thought of THAT!

Also, I agree, I don't like to call Jesus our "BFF" or "the man upstairs." I prefer more reverence.

Hope your day is going well. Is it sunny?

(((Hugs))

Karen said...

I've listened to this song many times over the past two weeks...never get tired of hearing it....