Although I spent most of my childhood in Upstate NY...I don't really consider any town my hometown. I tried to answer this...but kept deleting. I wonder if other Pastor's kids...who move in high school...feel the same way?
2. What song makes you laugh?
3. Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Read the books? Seen any/all of the movies? Will you be standing in line somewhere close to midnight later this week? For those of you playing along today who live outside the US or UK is Harry Potter a phenomenon in your part of the world?
I really enjoy Harry Potter but live in the world of many unamused and over-reacting christians. It's FICTION...just be sure your kid can understand what FICTION means...and discuss the ins and outs of that and all the other details of the books. Incidentally, that's something you should with ALL books. I have never watched the movies...I generally do NOT watch the movies based on favorite books. They just frustrate me in their inability to do books justice.
4. If the truth hurts, will you tell a lie? Are we better off as a society in a world that allows no form of deception whatsoever?
I think...Ephesians 4 (GOD) has it right, "Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ"...He's talking about the body of Christ working well together in unity ...I'm not saying it's always easy...but honesty IS always the best policy. A world without sin...um, heaven?!
5. What is your favorite 'sauteed in garlic and butter' food? Or garlic and olive oil if that makes you feel better.
Mushrooms are the first thing that came to mind. Fresh ones, of course.
6. Attending any reunions this summer/year? High school? family? Other? Do these events stir up excitement or dread?
Nope-ity, nope...just an approaching vacation that we are ALL more than ready to enjoy.
7. Lilac, hydrangea, peony...pick one.
Unfair...pick ONE, she says. Grrr...okay...Peony! I have a long line of the lovely bushes along one side of my house. I call them the poor man's rose. A bit scraggeldy around the edges but BOY, do they smell sweet.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I was struck this week that A LOT of the things I find myself currently doing...are like AMUSEMENT PARKS. I think they'll be fun...and exciting...but in reality I find myself hot, grouchy, and telling myself that I will NEVER do it again. Until next year.