Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Soli Deo Gloria: Unfailing Love


Same book as yesterday...regarding God's unfailing love...

"It is true whether we believe it or not.  
Our doubts do not destroy God's love, nor does our faith create it." 
I'm grateful this is true...cuz stupid, little things get me doubting His love for me.  What I really got to pondering though, is the second part...it hurts a little.

I realize that when I try to be in control of my life and think I've got it "all together"...in a way I'm saying that my faith is created by me.  When I stop giving God credit for each blessing...stop being dependent on Him for daily needs...and start filling my life with plans that I haven't even remotely considered prayerfully....yeah, that's when my faith is all about...ME.

My inability to recognize this most of the time is probably why God brings me to the end of myself repeatedly to get me there.  And I do want to be conformed to Christ's likeness...so, even if the sandpaper hurts...it'll be worth it.  And He only bothers to discipline and teach me because I belong to HIM...and He loves me!

"All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness."  
Hebrews 12:11


No comments: