1. William Shakespeare's birthday is celebrated on April 23rd...when did you last read Shakespeare? What's your favorite Shakespeare play?
Incidentally, my baby brother shares a birthday with Shakespeare. I took a Shakespeare class early in my college career. I had to buy the books as texts for the class...so, they all have the yellow USED stickers on them. Not so cute on my bookshelves now, but I do own them all. I think King Lear is one of my favorites. I love the Fool...he's so profound.
2. What food(s) would you recommend a foreign visitor try when they visit your home country?
I've often thought that this is tricky with America. We are a melting pot of many countries. Many of those countries then blended into each other. Can we truly say that anything is American. Maybe apple pie??
3. What's a lie you often tell yourself?
God doesn't really love me or this wouldn't be happening/ I wouldn't be feeling, etc. I try to replace these thoughts with Truth...usually from God's own Word. But, I like this quote..."There is nothing I can do to make God love me more, and there is nothing I can do to make Him love me less."
4. What's something you're good at that might surprise us? Remember this is a family friendly blog!
I'm a good seamstress....Being short means that my Mom taught me how to hem things...well. She also taught me to make curtains....which we did together for my first house. I've made matching little skirts/dresses for mother/daughters. I've loved cross stitch for years...even some that were big and detailed. Lately, I've been really getting into quilting. Yeah, it's not just for old ladies anymore! HA!
5. Who is your favorite animal character from a book?
I love Charlotte's Web by EB White...but which character do I love them most? I sort of like the bossy goose....fitting, eh? I do love Wilbur and Charlotte though, of course.
6. April showers bring May flowers...do you have a green thumb?
I enjoy gardening...especially since this house "came" with pretty full perennial beds. Meaning...I don't have to plant anything each year...I just weed a tiny bit and watch all the beauty unfold around me. I do plant a small veggie garden annually...I don't do so well once it gets hot and buggy out there. I enjoy my purple irises, pink peonies, family roses, black eyed susans, pink coneflowers, and other various and sundry plants.
7. Speaking of rainy days...which one of the following activities would you most want to spend time doing on a rainy day-
sort photos and create albums
read a good book
hold an all-day movie marathon
organize closets, cupboards, or bookshelves
try a new recipe
fix something that needs fixing
I would probably WANT to read a book...but end up organizing closets, cupboards and bookshelves instead. That's just how it works for me. HAHAHA!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It sure feels good to be blogging again. Between normal crazy busy-ness and then getting sick it feels like forever since I've joined in with this great meme! Hopefully, I'll have some time to check in with some of you too!