Tuesday, August 7, 2012

ER Excitement!

We decided to end our first full day of vacation with a drive to one of our favorite ice cream places. It's surrounded by gorgeous mountains, has little playhouses for the kids, and the best coffee ice cream I've ever had.
Unfortunately, I made a momentous MomE blunder.  Having been spoiled by our fabulous Ella's Frozen Yogurt that caters to Non-Dairy folks...I asked if the sherbet had dairy or not.  The young teen working the front said that no, it was made with orange juice.  Okay, right there I should have been suspicious cuz orange juice would curdle the cream...but I wasn't.  Even when it came and I saw it was creamy I didn't ask further questions...and watched my little man consume the whole whopping serving.  At first, he ran around with the best of them...until he started vomiting and swelling up.  Even with Benedryl he was covered in a rash from head to toe.  It was horrible!
So, off to the ER we went...you know you are a serious case when the check-in nurse calmly reaches up to hit the call button and they wisk you away while your husband stays to fill out the entrance paperwork.  Lubby was just irritated...and concerned about needles.  After being pumped with steroids he felt much better and wanted to go HOME!  Around midnight, we did!
But, he was up and headed out for our morning walk up the mountain at 7 AM!  I let poor Loverbrains sleep...and trucked along with the Sweet Boobahs.  It was a gorgeous morning...misty!  It made me think..."O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress."  Isaiah 33:2
See!  He looks fabulous...and alive!  Phew...thank you, Lord!!  His sister was very doting...she worries about him!  She's one of his best advocates!
We found many Red Efts...or salamanders that morning.  We like to rescue them by pointing them away from the road!
Later, we snapped beans...something that can be enjoyed by children of all ages...hahaha!  They were yummy too!

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm sure that was scary! Glad everyone is ok : )

Barbara H. said...

Oh wow -- poor guy! Poor mom! Glad he was okay.