Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I pick REST!

Matthew 11:28-30, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. “For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

When am I going to learn that He does the pulling and I just need to walk before Him in obedience?

I'm always thinking about all the stuff being pulled in the wagon. 

"Uh, Lord...it looks kind of heavy...not sure I can bear that!"

And I'm freaked out by the mountains and canyons ahead. 

"Um, where are we going?  Are we there yet?  This can't be it!" 

Could you imagine actually saying these things to God?  But, when I fail to trust Him that's exactly what I'm communicating.  Sometimes it takes awhile down the road til my heart is humbled...and I seek out the rest that's been offered all along.

No comments: