Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Poured Out Hot Hodgepodge!
1. What's one thing that's still the same about you as when you were young?
Huh? I'm still young!! Hahahaha! Sorry...couldn't resist.
I'm still short...well, relatively speaking.
2. What's more important-history or science? Why?
The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. Abraham Lincoln
3. Lima, kidney, string, garbanzo, black or pinto-your favorite bean?
Garbanzo...squashed into hummus. A little Tahini and Cajun Spice. Drooling. Ooooo...that sounds good.
4. What's something people come to your town to do?
Watch the Colts or go to the Speedway. Not me...bleck...but a lot of people do.
5. When was the last time you were in a meeting? Sum it up for us in five words or less.
Meeting with teacher for my child's academic struggles. Five words...Tense, nervous, heartfelt, comfort, encouraged. God is good and my kids are blessed with GREAT teachers.
6. What special event would you like a VIP pass to attend?
I'm stumped. I'm not a big concert goer. I like music but am working to not idolize the artist but instead the ONE who puts the lyrics into their heads and hearts. I hate sports...pretty much of all kinds, because of said last idolize factor of ick. I need options. The events I can think of I am totally not interested in attending.
7. What's one piece of advice you'd give a writer?
Write. Then edit out about half of what you wrote.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
“If you live gladly to make others glad in God, your life will be hard, your risks will be high, and your joy will be full.”
~John Piper, "Don't Waste Your Life
“Life is not a straight line leading from one blessing to the next and then finally to heaven. Life is a winding and troubled road. Switchback after switchback. And the point of biblical stories like Joseph and Job and Esther and Ruth is to help us feel in our bones (not just know in our heads) that God is for us in all these strange turns. God is not just showing up after the trouble and cleaning it up. He is plotting the course and managing the troubles with far-reaching purposes for our good and for the glory of Jesus Christ.”
~John Piper, "A Sweet and Bitter Providence"